Toenail Fungus Removal in Sugar Land
If you are one that frequently sports sandals, you probably pay close attention to the appearance of your feet. Even if you aren’t one to wear sandals, toe-nail fungus can be unsightly, embarrassing, and at times even painful. Fortunately, toe-nail fungus isn’t something you have to live with forever. Call Advanced Foot and Ankle Specialists of Houston and get that toe-nail fungus removed for good. Our Sugar Land podiatrists offer a wide range of treatments for toe-nail fungus.
Effects of Toenail Fungus
Also called onychomycosis, toenail fungus can cause a range of problems if left unaddressed. If you suspect that you have toenail fungus, a foot doctor can help you avoid the following.
- Unsightly Nails: The most obvious effect of toenail fungus is the discoloration it causes. Fungus can also affect the shape and thickness of your toenails.
- Foot Odor: As your fungus spreads, you may notice an unusual odor of decay coming from your feet.
- Foot Pain: Fungus causes the toenails to thicken, which can in turn lead to ingrown nails. In severe cases, pain caused by fungus can make it difficult to walk.
Fungus Prevention Tips
People with diabetes and circulatory diseases suffer the highest risk of toenail fungus. However, toenail fungus can affect anyone.
- Wear Shower Sandals: People often pick up fungus near swimming pools, locker rooms, and other wet, public places. When visiting these places, remember to wear shower shoes.
- Keep Feet Dry and Clean: Be sure to thoroughly clean your feet when showering, and remember to change your socks at least once a day.
- Choose Breathable Footwear: Toenail fungus thrives in warm, damp environments. You can reduce the likelihood of toenail fungus taking hold by wearing breathable socks and shoes.
Fungus Laser Treatment
There are several techniques that foot doctors use to treat toenail fungus. One of the safest and most effective treatments involves a sophisticated laser. During treatment, your foot doctor shines a laser straight through your toenail, eliminating the fungus beneath. Toenail fungus laser treatment has become very popular in recent years, and is completely painless. It also boasts an impressive cure rate of 88% and has no adverse effects. The foot doctors at Advanced Foot & Ankle Specialists are proud to provide Houston-area residents with laser treatment for foot fungus. If you suspect that you have foot fungus, have one of our toe fungus doctors take a look.
Why Choose Us?
- Personal Service
- Friendly Staff
- More Than a Decade of Service
- Latest Technology Used To Serve Patients
- In-House Diagnostics
- 3 Convenient Locations
- Doctor With Great Bedside Manner
- Takes The Time To Explain Things
- Board Certified In Foot Surgery & In Reconstructive Rearfoot & Ankle Surgery